Cherry tomatoes are a versatile ingredient that can be used in a variety of dishes, including pizza sauce. With their sweet and juicy flavour, there is a burst of freshness to cherry tomato pizza sauce and make for a delicious alternative to traditional tomato sauce.
In this article, we will explore five cherry tomato pizza sauce recipes that are easy to make and perfect for any pizza lover.
List of cherry tomato pizza sauce recipes
Classic Cherry Tomato Sauce
This simple and classic pizza sauce recipe is made by blending cherry tomatoes, olive oil, garlic, salt, and black pepper. The result is a flavourful and fresh sauce that pairs well with any type of pizza toppings.
Simply combine the ingredients in a blender or food processor and pulse until smooth. This sauce can be stored in the refrigerator for up to one week, making it perfect for meal prep.
How to make the Classic Cherry Tomato Sauce?
- On a large sheet pan, arrange the entire unpeeled cherry tomatoes in a single layer.
- Season it with salt and pepper and drizzle olive oil on top.
- Roast them in the oven until the skins are pliable and starting to burst.
- On the stove, add extra olive oil to a heavy-bottomed pot.
- The onions and garlic should be added and sauteed until tender and aromatic.
- Add oregano, red pepper flakes, and bay leaves to season the aromatics.
- The tomatoes should be removed from the oven and added to the stew.
- Allow the roasted cherry tomato sauce to simmer. After that, throw away the bay leaves and taste-test the spices.
- Either use an immersion blender or transfer the sauce to a sizable blender. Blend the sauce until it is completely smooth.
Spicy Cherry Tomato Sauce
For those who like a little heat on their pizza, this spicy cherry tomato sauce is a perfect choice. The sauce is made by blending cherry tomatoes with chili flakes, garlic, and olive oil.
The combination of sweet and spicy flavors creates a unique and delicious sauce that will add a kick to your pizza. To make the sauce, simply blend the ingredients in a blender or food processor and pulse until smooth.
How to make the Spicy Cherry Tomato Sauce?
- Add vegetables to a sheet pan and roast until they are all softened. This will assist release their flavours and result in a lovely sauce when combined.
- On a baking sheet, put the tomatoes, jalapenos, and garlic. Drizzle with olive oil and top with onion powder.
- Cook the vegetables until the tomatoes are wrinkled and beginning to juice.
- The tomatoes and jalapenos should be somewhat cooled before being combined with the garlic powder, salt, and pepper in a food processor or blender.
- Blend the sauce up until it’s creamy and smooth.
Herbed Cherry Tomato Sauce
This fragrant and flavorful pizza sauce is made by blending cherry tomatoes with fresh basil, shallot, vinegar, thyme, garlic, and olive oil.
The combination of herbs and tomatoes creates a cherry tomato pizza sauce that is bursting with flavor and perfect for a summer pizza.
How to make the Herbed Cherry Tomato Sauce?
- Take off the peel of the tomatoes. Lightly crisscross each tomato’s ends in the hot water while doing so.
- Boil water in a saucepan, add tomatoes and simmer for two minutes.
- Put the tomatoes in a saucepan of ice-cold water after draining them. Before using a paring knife to remove the skin, let it rest for a few minutes.
- In a mason jar, combine the peeled tomatoes with the chopped herbs, garlic, shallot, vinegar, olive oil, and sugar. Mix in the salt and pepper if desired.
To fully absorb the flavours, let it in the refrigerator for at least 2-3 hours or overnight.
You can do that after bringing it back to room temperature.
Roasted Cherry Tomato Sauce
For a deeper and more complex flavour, you can try making roasted cherry tomato pizza sauce. The sauce is made by roasting cherry tomatoes with garlic and olive oil in the oven.
You can then blend the mixture into a smooth and flavourful sauce. Roasting the tomatoes caramelises their natural sugars, giving the sauce a rich and slightly sweet flavour that is perfect for a gourmet pizza.
How to make the Roasted Cherry Tomato Sauce?
- On a baking sheet, combine the cherry tomatoes, with the garlic, olive oil, salt, pepper, and dried oregano.
- Roast the mixture at 425°F until the tomatoes are wrinkled and somewhat caramelised.
- Scrape the roasted tomato mixture into a food processor after allowing it to cool somewhat.
- A few quick pulses should be just enough to break down the tomatoes and get a thick sauce-like consistency
For a 12- to 14-inch pizza, you’ll need roughly half the sauce. Extra sauce may be kept in the freezer for up to three months or in the refrigerator for up to a week if it is kept in an airtight container.
Creamy Cherry Tomato Sauce
This rich and creamy cherry tomato pizza sauce is made by blending cherry tomatoes with heavy cream, garlic, and grated parmesan cheese.
The combination of cherry tomatoes, cream, and parmesan cheese creates a sauce that is both creamy and flavorful. This sauce is perfect for a decadent pizza and can be made in just a few minutes.
How to make the Creamy Cherry Tomato Sauce?
- Add the cherry tomatoes to a pan that is preheated to medium heat.
- Cook the tomatoes until they are tender and beginning to burst. Poking the tomatoes with a fork will aid in this process.
- Reduce the heat and pour the juice into the pan.
- When the cream has heated up, add it.
- Add the parmesan, salt, and pepper after taking the pan off the heat.
- This tomato cream sauce may be used as a sauce for pasta or pizza.
These cherry tomato pizza sauce recipes are sure to add a delicious and unique touch to your next pizza.
Whether you prefer a classic, spicy, herbed, roasted, or creamy sauce, these recipes offer a variety of flavours and options to choose from.
So, go ahead and try them all – you won’t regret it!