St. Patrick’s day is something that needs no introduction. The Irish people have enjoyed this day for more than 1000 years. Though it originated in Ireland but it has now become a worldwide phenomenon. This annual festival is celebrated on March 17th every year. Let’s look at some St Patrick’s Day pizza ideas, to help celebrate the big day.
People across the globe do a lot of things throughout this day from attending church to afternoon celebrations and many more. Among all the things that happen on St. Patrick’s day, pizza has a very special place. In order to make your next St. Patrick’s day even more delightful, we are here with many pizza ideas worth opting for.
Let us start with our first option of the St Patrick’s day pizza list.
Try Shishito Pepper pizza this St. Patrick’s day
You must be aware of the importance of the green color for Ireland and its association with St. Patrick’s day. The st. Patrick’s day pizza that we are going to talk about here contains enough greens to match the occasion.
Let us jump to the 3 -step guide that will help you make the very best of Shishito Pepper pizza. Before going further, we assume that you must have prepared the dough already.
- Finely grate a few cloves(2-4) of garlic. Get those fresh peppers and take out their stems before you cut them into 1-inch-long pieces. Another major ingredient that you need here is onion. Take half an onion and cut it into thin slices. Now is the time to add these all into a bowl and sprinkle some olive oil followed by seasoning(salt and pepper). Make sure you mix these ingredients properly.
- It is time to prepare the sauce. People go for several variations of sauce based on their preferences. You may go for any option but tomato sauce with garlic paste works quite great here. Prepare the sauce according to your specifications.
- We hope your dough has settled at room temperature by now. Stretch the dough on the sheet/stone while maintaining its uniform thickness throughout. Spread the sauce that you just prepared and then add the toppings. You may consider adding mozzarella cheese on top as well. Transfer the pizza to a preheated oven and bake it until the crust is fully melted.
- Once baked, your pizza is now ready to be served with a varying range of salads and other such things.
Amazing white pizza as St Patrick’s Day pizza ideas
You can get this pizza with an easy-to-follow recipe. You will need alfredo sauce here. In case you find good quality alfredo sauce nearby then it is fine or we have a few simple steps to help you prepare one.
Making the Alfredo sauce
Get your saucepan heated and put some extra virgin olive oil into it. Once the oil is hot, add some red pepper flakes, garlic, salt, and pepper into the saucepan. Heat these ingredients for about 30 seconds.
Now you have to add the appropriate amount of flour into the pan and cook it for about 2 minutes. The trick here is to not let this mixture become brown. You can do it by stirring the mixture constantly. At last, start adding milk to this mixture slowly. Don’t pour too much at a time. Keep on whisking it throughout the process to avoid the formation of lumps. This process has to stop only when the mixture has thickened as much as to be called a creamy sauce.
Prepare the pizza dough and stretch that on the surface of the pizza stone.
Spread the freshly-prepared cream sauce on it and start adding the toppings of your choice. Don’t forget to add parmesan and mozzarella cheese during this process. Finish this process by topping the pizza with spinach leaves. You can be as creative with these leaves as you want by cutting/arranging them in different shapes. Now is the time to transfer the pizza to a preheated oven and bake it till the cheese melts and becomes bubbly. Now you are ready to serve it.
Green pizza with chicken
This is another one of our great St Patrick’s Day pizza ideas. We are including this one for all those who love chicken. Let us jump right to the instructions without wasting much time. Let us start making the dough first.
- Pour some warm water into the bowl and add a suitable amount of yeast and sugar to it. Add a few drops of olive oil into this mixture and start blending.
- Add at least 2-3 cups of flour(bread flour) with a pinch of salt and start mixing them all together. You might need a dough hook at this point.
- Once you are done with these, add the green dye and keep on kneading. You have to knead the dough until the whole dough attains an even color.
- Kneading should continue until the point when the dough doesn’t break while stretching.
- Once you reach this point, it is time to put your dough to rest for about 2 hours.
Another ingredient is the Alfredo sauce. You can follow the recipe that we have mentioned above for making the perfect alfredo sauce. Get the green color in the Alfredo sauce by mixing some green dye into it just after you add milk to the sauce. And then start stirring it until the color becomes even and the mixture has thickened.
Before you start working on the dough, it is time to prepare the chicken topping. Here is how you will do it.
- Put your pan on high heat and pour in a little bit of olive oil.
- Once the oil is hot enough, put it in the chicken breasts.
- Add some chopped green onions and garlic just a few minutes before completion. Chicken toppings will be ready when they have become golden brown and the onion and garlic have caramelized.
- Take out the dough and stretch it to form the shape that you want. Pricking the whole dough and prebaking for about 7-8 minutes will enhance the quality of your pizza further.
- Cover the entire dough with sauce but make sure the sauce is thin and uniform throughout.
- Start by spreading the toppings with chicken. Then do the same with garlic, green onions, and other things if you want.
- Finish it off with a thin layer of cheese before you put the pizza into your preheated oven up to the required temperature.
- Keep watch on the pizza. Once the edges of the pizza become golden brown and the cheese has melted, the process is finished.
All we tried to do is make this St. Patrick’s day pretty special with the above St Patrick’s Day pizza ideas. We hope you have a great day celebrating, and enjoy cooking these pizzas!