Just a few simple ingredients that come together to make one of the most delicious pizzas you can make at home.
Pizza in Spain
People in Spain enjoy a Mediterranean style diet, based on vegetables, fish, olive Oil, pulses, cereals and other seasonal foods. They also eat approximately 4.3kg each in Pizza per year.
Take a look at some of the other pizzas from Spain here.
Gocha Supreme Pizza Recipe
Below we’ve created a recipe for you to make a delicious homemade Gocha Supreme Pizza from either a wood oven or your usual oven.
Gocha Supreme Pizza Ingredients
Choose enough pizza toppings for the amount of pizzas you plan to make. The pizza sauce and dough ingredients below are designed for 3-4 pizzas, so add more or less, if required.
Simple Pizza dough
- 2 2/3 cups (400 grams) pizza flour
- 1 cup (250 ml) luke-warm water
- 2 tsps (7 g sachet) dried yeast
- Two tsps salt
- 3 tbsps (1/4 cup) virgin olive oil
Gocha Supreme Pizza Toppings
Toppings used in this pizza recipe, are;
- Goat Curl
- Sweet and sour peppers
Easy Tomato Pizza Sauce
- 1 small can (6oz/170g) tomato paste
- 1 can (15oz/420g) crushed or diced tomatoes
- Two garlic cloves
- 1 tbsp dried Italian herbs
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 small brown onion
Want to try a different sauce? See our article on the different types of pizza sauces.
You can click on any of the tags at the bottom of this page, to find other pizzas besides Gocha Supreme Pizza, that use that topping.
Pizza Dough Method
You can either make your own pizza dough following the simple steps below, or you can purchase a premade base at your local store.
- Whisk yeast and lukewarm water in glass or plastic container. Let stand for approximately 5 minutes.
- Add flour and salt in a large bowl. Create a well in the centre of the flour. Pour in the liquid yeast mixture and the oil.
- Using your hands or a mixer, mix the dough until smooth. Pour dough on a lightly floured work surface and then knead by hand for five minutes.
- Place dough into lightly oiled bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Sit in a warm place for roughly 30 minutes to an hour, to rise until it doubles in size.
- Fold the dough out onto a lightly floured surface. Knead gently by hand for around five minutes or until smooth.
- Spread some flour on kitchen bench before rolling, in order to prevent sticking.
- Divide the dough roughly into equal amounts. Roll out pizza bases for the desired size.
TIP: We have other dough recipes if you would like to try your hand at sourdough, poolish or more.
Tomato Pizza Sauce Method
You can either make your own tasty pizza sauce following the simple steps below, or you can purchase a pizza sauce at your local supermarket.
- Stir in all ingredients in a large bowl.
- Using either a whisk, or blender, mix well.
- Let sit for five minutes.
- The pizza sauce is ready to use immediately or chill in fridge for 2-3 days.
- You can also freeze any leftover sauce for up to 3 months.
Try using a pesto sauce, or adding a little pesto to your sauce for a new flavour.
Preparing Gocha Supreme Pizza
Turn your oven on to 450-500 degrees or more and preheat for at least 30 minutes.
Spread out the dough in a rough circle, on a floured board or surface.
If you are using a baking pan, then create the pizza in that.
Open the sauce container, and start to spread the Tomato Sauce. Spread the Tomato Sauce around the whole base, taking care to leave a gap at edges.
Add the ingredients in size order, from large to small.
Cheese gets added last.
The toppings to add to this pizza are;
- Goat Curl
- Sweet and sour peppers
I find this pizza mouthwatering on its own, or why not enjoy it with a simple side dish?
Put the Gocha Supreme pizza on the middle shelf of the oven and wait for approximately 10 minutes.
In 10 minutes, open oven door and check.
The pizza should take roughly 15 minutes to cook, adjust time to cook to personal taste.
Ancient Egyptians saw onions as a symbol of eternal life because of the circular layers. Farmed and eaten for at least 5,000 years, Onions have been used as medicine, food and even helped in Egyptian mummification.
The three most common onion colors are white, red and yellow. Onions are easy to grow, store and are cheap and full of flavour, making them very popular across the world. China consumes nearly 25% of the world’s onions every year.
When making Gocha Supreme Pizza, I always recommend that you use what you have already, and avoid spending a ton of money. My recommended basic pizza tool list is…
OK, so this isn’t vital, but if you make enough pizza, breads, etc it is worth investing in a good mixer for your dough.
OK, not really pizza related, but a good chef apron makes me feel the part when I am making my pizzas. I’d probably wear a chef hat if I got one too!
Having quality, air tight dough storage containers is a must.
Goat’s Cheese is often called by its French name, Chèvre, which means goat. The distinctive character of Goat’s Cheese comes from capric acid, a flavourful fatty acid that promotes good intestinal bacteria in humans.
Because of its low lactose content, Goat’s Cheese is a fantastic choice of cheese for people with lactose intolerance.
Here are a few interesting pizza facts…
I spy with my little eye
Back in the 1960’s, Pizza was used in spying techniques, by the 113th Military Intelligence Unit. The US Army aimed to spy on politicians and reporters and politicians by using fake pizza deliveries.
In 2016, UK Pizzeria, Crazy Pedro’s, launched a Cadbury Creme Egg Pizza. As well as the creme eggs, the pizza is also topped with marshmallows, brownies and chocolate sauce.
Pizza in latin
The first recorded use of the word ‘pizza’ has been found in a 997 AD Latin text from Gaeta, Italy.
Pizza making FAQ
Want to make delicious pizzas at home? Here are some expert answers to some of the most common pizza making questions.
Can I substitute some of the herbs when making pizza?
Of course! One of the things I love about making pizza is trying different combinations. There’s a plethora of herbs out there to choose from, some which will work together and some that don’t. Explore your taste preferences and substitute any herbs in recipes.
How hot does a pizza oven get?
Pizza ovens can reach 900-1000 degrees, however most of the time, pizzas cook best around 750-850 degrees.
How to keep pizza from sticking to stone?
The best way to avoid pizza sticking to a pizza stone is to ensure the base has plenty of flour or polenta between the pizza and the stone.
Have you made Gocha Supreme Pizza?
Featured image: Source